What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a device that causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact. This prompts the skin to stimulate collagen production in response to the injury. Collagen, of course, is the key to filling in fine lines, improving elasticity, and plumping the skin, all of which contribute to a younger look.
Who’s a good candidate for Microneedling?
Microneedling is great for someone with melasma, acne scars, enlarged pores, fine lines, and general discoloration. Generally, patients need about three to six monthly treatments, followed by maintenance.
How long are treatments?
Treatments take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the surface area and condition that’s being treated. Treatment areas can include face, neck, hands, and more!
Is it painful?
We topically numb your treatment area to maximize your comfort level during your service. While everyone’s pain tolerance is different, many of clients say the service is not painful but rather uncomfortable yet bearable.
What’s the downtime for Microneedling?
After 48 hours, it safe for you to put makeup over you skin as it heals. Your skin will continue to peel for the next few days as it regenerates new skin.
WHAT CAN A PRP / MICRONEEDLING FACIAL DO FOR YOU?
It can help rejuvenate facial and neck skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and certain types of scars. With a series of treatments, collagen production is stimulated, leading to smoother, softer skin. PRP with Microneedling is a great alternative if you decide to supplement PRP treatments with fillers, under eye bags and sagging skin can also be addressed, as these can provide more volume in areas of the face that thin out or appear more hollow over time.
WHEN WILL I SEE RESULTS?
Benefits build over time with each additional treatment. Results aren’t usually noticeable until after a couple of treatments, but based on some customer testimonials, improvements can be noticeable earlier (within a few days after treatments) in some patients.
PRP Microneedling Facial
PRP stands for platelet rich plasma. PRP is taken from your blood and applied to your skin. The PRP facial utilizes the nutrients and growth factors from a sample of the patient’s own blood and combines them with the benefits of microneedling. This processes revitalize the skin, leaving it refreshed and rejuvenated—ultimately, the skin is stimulated and produces more collagen.
What’s the process for PRP?
First, a sample of blood is taken, just like when you get routine blood tests performed. Generally, one tube—or a little more than one and a half teaspoons of blood—is drawn from the arm of choice.
Next, the sample is spun in a centrifuge so that the platelet rich plasma can be isolated. Sometimes red blood cells are mixed with this, and that translates to a red hue on the skin when the mixture is applied. (See the infamous Kim Kardashian’s photos of her “Vampire Facial”.)
After the area to be treated is made numb with a topical numbing cream and thoroughly cleaned and prepped, a microneedling device can be used. This device uses several sterile, ultra-fine needles that create small, superficial wounds in a highly controlled way.
Immediately after your Micro-Needling procedure, do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as Ibuprofen, Motrin or Advil. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation. Follow these simple steps:
MICRONEEDLING PRE AND POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
- No lotions, makeup or other topical products on your face before your procedure.
- After your procedure your medical provider may apply a lipo-peptide booster, skin moisturizer, and sun screen. You may clean your face with a gentle cleanser before bed.
- You may clean your face as usual and apply makeup, lotions and other topical products as usual. Stay away from exfoliants or glycolic acids that are present in cleansers as these can make your skin very dry after the procedure. Be sure to use an approved SPF30 or greater sunscreen!
- Within two (2) days following your Micro-Needling procedure, you will notice skin dryness and flaking. This is due to an increased turnover of skin cells. During this period, you may apply your regular skin moisturizer. Follow the instructions given to you by your medical professional.
- If your medical professional used the roller or needle device around the eyes, you may have a little micro bruising that may exist for three or four days. This can easily be covered with makeup.
- Days later, your skin will start shedding. These are skin layers that would regularly shed a week later, but the Micro-Needling brings this skin to the surface sooner. During this temporary process, your skin will shed and be dry.
- A week after the Micro-Needling procedure, most patients notice that their skin is smoother and more radiant. Results vary, but usually a course of 1-3 treatments (maximum of 5, depending on the condition being treated) is typically recommended. If you require MORE procedures than this, you may have an unrecognized underlying medical condition and should consult with your provider. Of course, results may vary from patient to patient. Keep in mind that the healthier your body is, the better will be the results you achieve from a Micro-Needling procedure. Your body’s function and overall health are reflected in your skin.
- Do not use any other skincare products (cleansers, moisturizers, or sunblocks).
- Days 2 through 4 post procedure – Use a gentle cleanser and a zinc oxide sunblock as well as continue using the Rescue Calming Complex and the Lift HA Serum.
- Avoid exercise for three (3) days following the procedure.
- No sun exposure for three (3) days.
- Day 1 – Mild to moderate redness and swelling, similar to a sunburn. No sunscreen or makeup.
- Day 2 – Some persistent redness and swelling may be present. May apply sunscreen and makeup.
- Day 3 – Most redness, bruising, and swelling almost gone.
- Day 4 – Return to normal appearance without makeup.